Tuesday, December 20, 2011

This is just the beginning

The ruffle fabric backdrops have arrived, and so have the flower headbands.  I'm so ready to photograph a baby!

I have always had a passion for photography.  I notice myself looking at everything as though I'm looking through my camera lens.  I can't tell you how many times I have said, "Hey, that would make a really good picture." As a kid I remember snapping pictures of bubbles, sunsets, my siblings, and my pets.  In high school I took a few classes at Fort Myers High School and really enjoyed learning the settings on cameras, processing my own film, and having an excuse to pull over on the side of the road to snap pictures of the livestock out in the fields of Buckingham.  As the years trickled by, I found myself taking pictures of EVERYTHING!  When ever my husband and I went on vacation, I'd have to buy a box of batteries for the camera to pack for the trip because I'd end up taking hundreds of pictures.  Then I had Bryce in June 2010, and my Nikon got a full on workout.  For the longest time, I took multiple pictures of Bryce daily.  Every new development has picture documentation.


  As he has gotten older, my photography has improved.  I upgraded my camera to a Nikon D7000, joined a photography hobbyist group, and have spent hours researching portrait photography.  I'd really like to take the next step and become a professional photographer.  For now I'm building my portfolio, perfecting my technique, and of course taking even more pictures of my Bryce Baby.


0 comments:

Post a Comment